Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jackson is 5!!

For a while there McKay and I thought we were only going to have 2 kids. 
Jackson was our baby and we thought that's how it would always be.
Needless to say, he's not our baby any more, and although he now has 2 little brothers, to me he'll always be my baby...or at least one of them ;-)
SOOO, it's a very weird feeling to have my "baby" turn FIVE!
Five is OLD!

Jackson wanted to invite friends to his party, so we combined and invited friends and family.
We had quite the bunch!  It was tiring shopping, preparing food for, and throwing a big birthday bash with a 4 week old but it was totally worth it.  
He chose to have a vampire party.

I forgot to take pictures until the party was almost over, but some are better than none I guess.
The pinata.





The presents.



The cupcakes.
I didn't get a good picture of them.
They were red velvet cake with white frosting and purple sprinkles with this little guy
cut out and stuck on top with a tooth pick.  






On his actual birthday, a few days later, we went to Red Robin where he got his free birthday kids meal, and the servers sang to him and brought him his own ice cream sundae.  He wasn't too sure about them singing to him...his face was priceless, but he loved eating up his ice cream!


It's not always easy to get a full family shot these days....so we had to settle for these.


After dinner we headed home where Jackson got to hunt for his presents.
He got a couple new motorized trains for the train set along with a few other little toys.

But apparently his most exciting gift was...
his new underwear!  Haha.

It's going to be SUPER weird when my real baby turns 5!!
Yikes.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy birthday Jackson, we love you!
Man I wish we lived closer :(

Vicki said...

My favorite picture of Jackson is the one where he is hugging his ice cream sunday! And then the one of Keresa and Carter, welllll....Keresa you look 15 there! How does it work that having more kids makes you look younger? You didn't get that from me... Jackson's birthday was really fun.