Friday, September 2, 2011

Reese McKay Whitney

Born August 23, 2011 at 7:55am
8 pounds 9 ounces 21 inches long

Jackson and Carter's middle names are G, after my maiden name Gifford.  
Since Reese's first name is already after me, we decided to have his middle name be after McKay.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am.  I walked into the operating room at 7:30 and Reese was born at 7:55.
The doctor performed a text book c-section.  No complications and I didn't even throw up during the surgery (I saved that for after...)

This recovery has been by far my best.  I felt as good on day 2 as I normally do on day 5 or 6.
The doctor used dissolveable stitches and super glue to close my incision.  No staples to deal with like my other 3 c-sections.  Hooray!

Reese has been our most calm baby.  He eats every 3 hours during the day and every 4 during the night.  He loves his swing and it's a life saver when I'm trying to make dinner, help kids with homework, and keep Carter occupied.  That last hour before McKay gets home from work has always been hard, but man oh man...I'm a crazy woman with 4 kids!

 Now for some pictures!

Fresh out of the oven.

  My first time holding him....a few hours old.
It always surprises me how swollen my face is after my c-sections.  Maybe it's all the IV fluid? 



Daddy getting a look at his little tiny legs and feet.

Dad, happy that baby Reese is finally here!!



The hospital surprised us with this lovely treat.

Aunt Jacee visiting the hospital.

Grandma Gifford and baby Reese.


I brought this pacifier to the hospital hoping he'd like it more than the Soothie kind the nursery gives them.  
No such luck.  This is probably the only time he kept it in his mouth.
Soothie it is.

Cousins Evan and Conner visiting.

 All dressed and waiting to be discharged.  


Not too happy about the car seat.


Finally home...and wiped out!

The three older kids stayed with McKay's brother and family in Logandale while we were in the hospital.
They were pretty excited to get home and meet their new brother.








It gets crazy around here, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well.  Sydney and Jackson love to hold him any chance they get, and Carter is adjusting to sharing his mom with the baby.  
Here's Reese one week old.

Stay tuned for a back to school post!

1 comment:

lauren said...

all of your children are SO gifford!! it's nuts! they're all so cute...especially the new baby! and you didn't look swollen at all at the hospital...seriously, you looked amazing!! you wanna see swollen? refer back to my hospital pictures. wow...that is swollen :) well congrats! p.s. i love your blog. i totally stalk you all the time on here :)