Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Separate Vacations

This past weekend McKay took the boys to his parent's cabin in Circleville, UT.
McKay took the van since it has a DVD player, but Jackson chose to ride up front with Dad for most of the trip.  I wish I could have listened in on their conversations.
They got to spend lots of time outside...something they haven't been getting nearly enough of here in Vegas.
 McKay, Carter, Grandpa Whitney, and Jackson bouncing on the bridge.


 Carter throwing rocks in the river.



 Jackson was so excited to tell me about the dinosaur cranium they found.
"Do you know what a cranium is Mom?  It's a head bone.  And a despicable cranium is an ugly head."



 Jackson playing in the cold water.


More bouncing.

They spent Friday night in Circleville and then headed home after dinner on Saturday.  I was worried about McKay driving into the night...I figured he'd be pretty tired after chasing Carter around for 2 days.
I texted him around 10:00pm to make sure he was staying awake.  

Here's his reply.
"Yes thanks to 1 mt. dew 1 water 2 pb snickers some jalapeno cheetos and a cafe rio burrito enchilada style.  I have more stuff too."

My response.
"Sounds painful..."

Needless to say, they made it home safely and we were all happy to have 1:00 church the next day. ;-)

So, what did me and Sydney do with no boys in the house?

Friday night
-Went to Aunt Sherri's salon to get Sydney's hair cut.
-Shopping at Old Navy
-Dinner and dessert at Applebees (because it is "romantic" according to Sydney)
-Red box (Justin Beiber Never Say Never)

Saturday
-SLEPT IN!!!
-Shopping with my sisters
-Lunch at In-N-Out
-Swimming
-Watched TV until 10pm. 



 Sydney loved riding up front with me.






We had lots of fun.  Sydney's already asking when our next girl date will be.

3 comments:

Bryan Gifford said...

The "despicable cranium" was the best part. Smart kid! haha

Ashley said...

A "despicable cranium"? That sounds like something McKay would tell his son! I cannot believe how grown-up Sydney is! I remember her as a rolly-polly in the Tingey office - does she love flaming hot cheetos? ;)

Beth B said...

It was fun to see McKay and the boys at the Whitney reunion on Saturday. They are darling.