Friday, August 19, 2011

One Last Summer Post

I thought I should clear the camera off one final time before the baby gets here.
I'm sure McKay will post a few pictures from the hospital next week, but there's no telling when I'll make it back on here to update things.
Baby #4 will be here on Tuesday!

We have a huge box of old dot matrix paper...you know the old-school printer paper with the little rip-off edges?  Well, that's the paper the kids use for coloring and crafts.  Every month or so I pull out a huge stack and rip off the edges and separate the pages so it's easy for the kids to just grab a sheet when they want to use it.  I had my stack of edges ready to throw away and thought hmmm...the kids could have some fun with these.  So...


 ...they did. 

Did you know Carter loves food?  I seem to get lots of pictures of him with food.  Here are a some from the last couple of weeks.


Here he is trying cotton candy for the first time.  His face looked like this after every bite.
How can something taste sooo good, but feel so nasty in your mouth?  
I was laughing so hard.


One evening while I was gone last week McKay helped the kids build a giant fort.  
Dads are SO much more fun than Moms!
We left it up for a couple days and the kids even had dinner in there one night.



Carter's really into doing whatever the big kids are doing.
Lately they think it's so funny to dress him up and send him in to show me.


I love when they all play together.  It's fun to just sit back and watch them interact.
Even if they're just watching tv on my bed.

It's so weird to sit back and think about that fact that I have kids.  
I still feel like my 18 year old high school self....how can I have 3, almost 4, kids?? 
It's weird.  I don't know how to explain the way it feels...but I find myself just staring at them and feeling so happy that they are mine.

Until next time!

3 comments:

Angie said...

i'm going to miss you and your posts!

. said...

Best of luck on the delivery! What an exciting time... :)

Me said...

It is surreal isn't it. Can't wait to hear how you survive back to school with baby #4. I will be thinking of you:)