Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Stuff

Last week we had a huge storm blow through our back yard.  It lasted long enough to grab the umbrellas and go outside for a few minutes, then load up in the car and go for a short drive in the rain (one of my favorite things to do).
It was SUPER windy.  Sydney's umbrella blew inside out as soon as she stepped outside.  I stood inside the sliding glass door and just laughed until they begged to come back in...after about 1 minute.  




The next day I took the kids to a splash pad early in the morning when it was only about 90 degrees outside.
We stayed for about 45 minutes until the temps climbed to 100 then went home.  I wish I could last longer out there...but no.


Every couple of months the kids remember about their zebra tent and ask me to set it up.
We leave it out for a few days and they play and play, then it goes back on the shelf until they remember about it again.  It's like having a new toy each time.  I love it.

This past weekend McKay took the boys to his parent's cabin in Circleville, UT while Sydney and I had a fun girls weekend.  Stay tuned for pictures from our adventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother is moving to Circleville this month, next time you plan on going there let us know, we would love to come see you guys
Donna