Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gifford Reunion 2010

Every year our family has a HUGE reunion on some land we own up near Zion's National Park.  I think there are around 300 in attendance each year.  We haven't been since Sydney was a baby, so we were excited to load up and spend the weekend with family.  We bought a brand new 11X20 tent to house our growing family and I spent all day Friday packing every possible thing that could make our camping trip as stress free as possible.
   
I had the car loaded Friday evening when McKay got off work and off we went.
I just realized I haven't mentioned our new mini van on this blog...yes MINI VAN!  We bought a 2008 Kia Sedona a week before this trip and it fits our family so perfectly.  I love it more every time I drive it....and I never thought I'd have (let alone love) a mini van!


Sydney asked me to take a picture of just her....and Jackson just wouldn't have that!


Happy boy.

We arrived at camp late at night and much to our surprise our tent was already set up for us!  Woo woo!  We'd sent it up with my brother along with a couple other big things and they were nice enough to get it set up for us in the daylight. 
The next morning was bright and early.  No sleeping in when there are cousins to be played with!!
Our immediate extended family even had matching shirts!  The theme of the reunion was "Cartoons" and our family chose The Flinstones, but since my Grandpa's name was Sheldon we changed it to The Shelstones.  It was fun having everyone match...and there were A LOT of us!

The shirts didn't come small enough for Carter, so he got a little head band made out of one of the kids' sleeves.

McKay in his get-up.

Carter eating his first cheeto.  He's hooked.

Sydney, Grandma, and Jackson.


On Saturday there were games and races for the kids.  Here's Sydney and Jackson with some of their winnings.


There are never many pictures of me because...well just because.  But here's a lovely hair-from-yesterday-no-makeup-camping picture of me....and Carter of course.

My brother Bryan and his girlfriend Alyson.  She flew in from Idaho to spend the weekend with us.  She's a sweet heart and we all really like her (hint hint Bryan!!)


The back of our shirts.


Sydney and Jackson in thesack race.

More winnings.

McKay and Jared in the three legged race.  Notice how they tied their legs way up high?...

...yeah...that's why.  ;-)

I'm pretty sure it's always the Grandpa's job to fall asleep.


Saturday evening is a skit/talent show.  Fun stuff.

After a long cold night McKay and Carter got up and made a fire....and snapped a couple pictures.
We had fun seeing all our family.  Camping is still not my thing and I was excited to get home and clean, but the kids had a blast so it was worth it.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yay for family reunions and yay for new Kia Sedona's! I am glad you guys like yours as much as we do ours! :)