Monday, August 30, 2010

Really??

I mean is she really old enough for Kindergarten??  Why, yes she is!
She's asked at least once a week since we moved back in May if it's time for school to start.
The day finally came.
She was up, dressed, shoes on, backpack on and ready to go at 6:00am.  Me, not so much.  It was torture for her to wait around until 8:45 to leave.
She was happy, playing, running around, and happy until it was time for me to leave.  I helped her find her desk, gave her a hug and kiss, and it hit her.  New faces, new teacher, new everything, and no mom. 
I left her watery eyes and red face and of course she loved her first day of school. 
It's just hard to believe it's really here.



Next year it will be Jackson's turn...I hope he grows because he's looking awfully small next to his big sister!

2 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

Are you going to send Jackson next year??? Emilie won't make the cut off. But I guess Jackson barely does. Crazy to think. That hit home thinking Emilie could be going to school next year if she was born a month earlier. Although I don't think i would send her, I think I like that she will be on of the oldest. Anyways, you look cute sydney. Congrats.

Keresa said...

Ya, I'm going to send him. He makes the cut off by 2 days. I'm excited to have him and Sydney just a year apart from eachother in school. Also, that's a reason I put him in preschool last year, so he'd have two full years of preschool before Kindergarten. I'm pretty sure he'll be ready. Pretty crazy thinking of having two kids in elementary school next year!