Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Birthday Boy Xs FOUR!

My little guy is still little, but he's getting older. Here's a conversation we had when he woke up yesterday morning :
Jackson : Mom, am I four NOW, or not until after my birthday cake?
Me : You're four NOW.
Jackson (looking down at his body) : I don't look 4, I just look 3 still.
Me : ....

We had a party the night before his birthday at a park near our house.  They had a splash pad and the cousins loved running and playing.
Jackson chose a present cake this year.  (Hooray for easy cakes!!)



He got some fun presents.


 I didn't get as many pictures of the party as I would have liked, but that will just have to do.

For his actual birthday I  made cupcakes during naps and the kids helped decorate them that afternoon.  We had them after dinner that night and then shared them with the preschool kids today.  Oh, and preschool was at our house this week...fun stuff.


We got Jackson the Mr. Potato Head Family.  They are a hit.

Carter is cruising all the furniture and walls.  He lets go to stand on his own, but hasn't taken those first steps yet.  I'm thinking he'll start walking in the next couple of weeks.


The preschool kids eating cupcakes.

I agree with Jackson, he still seems 3, and it's ok with me if it stays that way forever.

No comments: