Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sedona : The Second Time Around

I took the kids to Sedona back in June while McKay stayed behind to study for the bar.  We got the chance to go there again this past weekend.  We've been on several trips over the Summer, but this was our first with just the 5 of us.  It was so relaxing and we loved every minute of it.

We went on a little hike down to the river where you get a perfect view of Cathedral Rock.  I ventured across some rocks with the kids.

This is me right after a close call...I still don't know how I righted myself, but I had visions of how I would rescue the kids when they fell in behind me....luckily that didn't happen.  And off the rocks for me.


Then McKay had to go show off, jumping rock to rock with Jackson on his shoulders.  Ya, ya...



I attempted a picture of the kids....and this was the best I got.  That's Cathedral Rock in the background.

 Sydney even snapped a picture of us.





I didn't realize until I looked back at all of our pictures, but we found lots of creatures to play with on our trip.  First was Mr. Lizard.  The kids followed him around for a good 25 minutes.

 Then there was the stink but that McKay got a little too friendly with.

And then Sydney's butterfly that she affectionately named Flappy Wings.  She brought him all the way back to our room and cried when I told her it was time to let him free.



We ventured to a little town near Sedona called Jerome.  It's an old mining town and we enjoyed walking through the shops and eating at a little place called Haunted Hamburger.
 We sat on the balcony of the restaurant and it overlooked the little mining city.  It was nice and cool and a perfect end to our day. 
 We passed a park as we were walking back to our car and had to stop and play.  It was old, with a really tall metal slide.  The kids were pretty unsure...

 And I don't know if Jackson will ever forgive me for this...


It was a great weekend away.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Wish I was there! Ahhh, Sedona, so pretty! Great pics.

Andrea Gilberg said...

Keresa, look at you girl. Your looking great :) Keep it up. Your vaca looks like a blast.

Jill Manis said...

Gosh your kids have the most beautiful eyelashes!!! A great one is Syd with the butterfly and I love the pic of Jackson with Carter in the swing-kids are great :)