Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10 Months Old

Carter finally made it in for his 9 month check up this morning....he'll be 10 months old in 2 days, but hey he's still officially in the 9th month...so I don't consider it "late".

Carter has been huge since he was 4 months old.  I almost choked 6 months ago when the doctor told me he weighed 20 pounds...yes 20 pounds at 4 months!!  That's how much my older kids weighed at 1 year!

Well, now is no different.  He's still a big boy, but cute as ever. 
He now weighs 25 pounds (90th percentile)
He's 29 inches long (75th percentile)
And, his head circ. is in the 97th percentile. 

"Wow, he's so chubby!", is almost always the first response I hear from people who see him.  Then they want to squeeze his thighs or cheeks....and I let them. 

I hurt my back 2 months ago...I was racing McKay down the stairs (a story for another day) and thought it would be a good idea to jump down the last 6 steps...haha...not so much....ouch.  Anyway, lifting and hauling this boy every day doesn't help with the healing process.  I have a feeling I'll suffer until he can walk
...and magically climb in and out of his own crib and car seat
...and high chair
...hmm.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of my big, happy, learning-how-to-squirm-out-of-every-photo-boy.

Always reaching for this...


...or that.


Throwing  his head back (often knocking himself over...remember that 97th percentile head circumference!)


Shaking his head back and forth....already telling me no...uh oh!


Making one of his many faces.


Ahh, there we go.


He always crosses his chubby little ankles.


I love my big little boy!

No comments: