Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Carter

Carter's not going to be the baby for much longer.  It's weird to think that we'll have another child in just a few short weeks.
Another baby boy.

Carter has stayed a "baby" longer than my other kids did.  I guess it's because there's a 3 year gap between him and Jackson.  There's the "big kids" then the "baby".  I think he recently got the memo that his reign as baby of the family is coming to an end.  He's decided to grow up.

Although he's had a small vocabulary for a few months, he's just started using words to actually communicate with me.
Mostly one word sentences.  

Eat.
Drink.
Book.
Go.
Down.
Up.
Bite.
More.
Please.
Thank you.
Night night.
Yay.
Wow.
Etc.

He'll say what he wants and then giggle with excitement when he gets the thing he asks for.
The switch finally turned on in his head that there's a reason behind me trying to get him to talk.  It's not just another trick like waving bye or blowing  a kiss.  This trick actually get's him the things he wants!!
It's really cute watching him communicate more and more.  

Carter is a HUNGRY boy.
When I get him out of bed in the morning I'm usually greeted with an excited

"Mommy!!"

Followed by
"Eat?"
or
"Cookie?"
or
"Bite?"

He'll continue to ask me until we finally eat.

This morning I guess I took too long.  He came to me squealing with excitement saying
"Eat!  Eat!"
with a waffle in his hand.
From last nights dinner.
Out of the garbage.
(Yes, sometimes we have breakfast for dinner.)

All I could do was laugh....and then think about how differently I would have reacted to this when Sydney was a baby.
Needless to say Carter got a yummy crunchy waffle to start off his breakfast.

It's sure fun watching him grow up.  I hope having this fourth child doesn't push me over the edge to insanity.  I want to be able to enjoy moments like watching my kids eat out of the garbage.  
I want to be a happy mom...a nice mom.
Maybe this next child won't ever cry or want to eat or be changed or held.
HA!
I'll try not to complain these next few weeks as my body stretches beyond belief ...because no matter how hard it is to be pregnant... soon I'll have another little one and I can't imagine the craziness that my life will become....when I'd pay a million dollars for moments like 
this.
:-)

2 comments:

Grandpa n Grandma Whitney said...

Exquisite recording of priceless treasures...you said it all!

Me said...

love the trash bit! i laughed so hard because it is so true!