Thursday, February 10, 2011

Early Birthday Project

My friend Jake got a pretty sweet birthday present a couple weeks ago-- his first 4-wheeler after being a lawyer. That's a big deal. We put on suits every day and pretend to be interested in big business and politics. We help people solve their problems. We sue people. But all we really want to do is go camping and ride four wheelers again. Like back in the days when we were REAL men.

My birthday order finally arrived. So I spent some time today installing it.





This is the part I'm still not sure about. If you are out doing manly stuff, pulling your four wheeler trailer and lighting stuff on fire in the desert, but it's the minivan that got you there, it still counts right? That doesn't un-manly it?


4 comments:

Vicki said...

So, just what are you planning on pulling with your manly mini-van? HUMMMM??

Matthias said...

That's a Kia Sedona, right? What do you think of it? There's one we're kind of looking at that's a 2003 with less than 60K miles. Is the cheap feeling that it's a Kia get annoying? Or does it work just fine?

I remember the Kia that Mom had just felt really cheap all around like the silver colored plastic on the door hand peeled off and the 4 wheel drive not engaging or disengaging on New Year's eve in Whitney Pockets.

Jacob said...

I think it shows exactly how manly you are. It demonstrates your high male fertility while at the same time proclaiming "I got this." In all actuality, using a mini van to pull the toys is more manly than using a truck. I should get a mini van.
:)

The Good Ol Days said...

Hello Whitneys. This is Chase and Melissa (well Melissa, Chase is at work but he is here in spirit) Frederick. We've been meaning to become blog buddies with you for a time. We found your blog through Dustin and Lauren's. Chase said, "Tell, McKay hello for me" McKay and Chase go back a few years, roping donkeys, spearing fish...real manly stuff I guess. so If Keresa is reading this wondering if it is a stalker, I swear we arent. Just some old friends from the Valley. Hope all is well.