Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We have never taken our kids to an official pumpkin patch.
I've always wanted to.  They look fun and enjoy walking around and just looking. 
I guess part of it is that I know I'm not going to purchase pumpkins there when I know I can get them at Wal-Mart for $3 a piece. 
Another part is that last time we lived in a city that actually had a pumpkin patch the kids were too young to ride rides, or enjoy it at all.
So, this year we went to one.  We spend a couple bucks on tickets and let the kids ride 2 rides each.
We looked at all the pumpkins, walked around, and enjoyed the rare perfect Las Vegas weather.
And of course I took lots of pictures.


The BIG one.

The GREEN one.

You had to pay to go inside the petting zoo....but not to stick our hand through the fence. 
Muwa ha ha ha.





The three kiddos.



All of us.


Look at the stem on this one!  Dang!


The next day Mckay took the big kids to a nearby car show that had trunk-or-treating.  They ran into Tow-Mater.

It's hard to believe that October is more than half way over.
Another few blinks and Thanksgiving will have come and gone.  Then Christmas, and before you know it we'll be half way into January.  Hold on to your hats!

2 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

What pumpkin patch did you go to.? The only one I could find here was like $20 to get in and you still had to pay for the a hayride and stuff. I just want to go cause it would be fun. I already have my pumpkins. $2.50 at fresh and easy:> I just think ti would be fun to take pictures at a pumpkin patch:>

Keresa said...

We went to the one near Ann Road & the 95. Close to that Cafe Rio out that way. It was free to get in and $.85 per ticket and rides were 1-3 tickets each. I didn't think that was too bad.