Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Update

Although I haven't blogged much, we've been keeping very busy. Here are a few things we've been up to the last several weeks.

My Mom and I took the kids to the Children's Discovery Museum. Lots of fun...I'm considering getting a year pass.




Sydney and Jackson spend lots of time in our backyard swimming in their little pool and having picnics.

And, of course McKay took the Bar Exam. We booked him a room at the hotel where the test was so he could spend the three days there in peace and quiet. We loaded up an ice chest with all the food and goodies he'd need and he cooked for himself each day there in his room. Of course I had to take advantage of the hotel POOL! I invited all my family to come swim one of the nights and we had a blast. I also swam two other times with the kids to make sure we got our moneys worth. ;-)

Sydney could reach the bottom, so she took turns giving her aunts piggy back rides in the water. She felt pretty grown up!

Once the Bar Exam was over we packed up and dropped the kids off at McKay's brother's house for a night. We headed to St. George, UT with my sister Kelly and her date to see Tarzan at Tuacahn. It was SO good, and so relaxing to sit through the whole thing and and enjoy every moment with no kid interruptions. We spent the night there in St. George and grabbed our kids on the way home the next day. It was a short, but wonderful little getaway to relax from the stresses of the week and gear up for McKay's first day of work on Monday.
Lastly, Jackson gave his first talk in Primary at church on Sunday. He had a paper with some pictures to remind him of what to say. He memorized it and got up to the microphone all by himself. He's growing up and it makes me sad. Here's his talk :

1 comment:

Jill Manis said...

Look how stinkin' cute and skinny you are looking! Way to go! And Jackson's talk is simply adorable, loved it. I know it was a short trip but next time you're in St. George come say hello! We're on the way to Tuachan. ;)