Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cabin & Craigslist

This past weekend we got to escape the LV heat and go up to our family cabin for the weekend.  It was 75 degrees and beautiful.  The first thing we did when we got there was head to the lake on the kayaks.  Sadly, this was the only thing I got pictures of.  I thought I'd lost my camera out of my back pocket on the four wheelers, but found it when we got home in the bottomless pit also known as my diaper bag.


The lake is really low and McKay led us through some marshy parts where we'd get stuck.  It freaked Sydney out a bit.



 Some of the cousins.


I think we told them to show their muscles??



One of the days we took all the kids on a hike.  We started out on a little cow trail but eventually were just tromping through the bushes and trees.  McKay was pulling some branches out of the way for the kids to go under and stuck his hand right in a wasp nest.  As you can imagine, they (the wasps or us) were not happy.  We were able to get away from the swarm with just 4 stings...one of which was to McKay's hand.  While every one's stings went down and were almost invisible after 24 hours, Mckay's still looked like this after 4 days.



No, this is not an actually picture of his actual hands, but this is how it looked.  HUGE.  Benadryl didn't even touch it.  Apparently he's slightly allergic.  We were so lucky those wasps didn't attack more aggressively...I'm afraid he would have been in bad shape had he got a couple more stings.  This morning his hand looked much better.  He actually has knuckles again and it's not so red.


And now for Craigslist!!
I've told Sydney for years that once we moved back to Las Veagas and lived in a house that actually had an area to ride a bike, that we'd get her a bike.  She's reminded me over and over for more than 3 years about this plan.  After being shocked by the crazy prices of kids' bikes at Target and Walmart I finally remembered about my good ol' friend Craig (Craigslist that is).  Check out these babies I picked up for just a few bucks!






And we already had this one.

We spent 3 hours in the 105 degree weather yesterday playing with the new toys. 



For now Carter doesn't mind watching form the sideline with me, but I know that before long I'll be chasing him around.


Also, we found a fun little frozen yogurt shop by our house Called U-Swirl.  It was a hit.



The End!


3 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

When I saw that picture of the swollen hand, I burst out in laughter...I don't know why but it was so funny. Emilie has been asking for a bike and we keep telling her the same thing. For your birthday or chirstmas when we get back to utah. lol. Anyways, miss you guys too. We have been hanging out with the hendricks some so that has been nice, and vanner and donna watched our kids last weekend. But anyways, the countdown has started. 2 1/2 months :)YAY ps. it has been raining so much still. really, you don't miss it.

Jill Manis said...

SKINNY Mckay! Waiting to see some pictures in his new wardrobe! BTW-LOVE Craigslist, but get really bummed when I don't get some things (I missed 2 killer deals last week :(

Me said...

U-swirl is awesome except when I get to crazy with the toppings:)