Friday, July 2, 2010

Have I mentioned...

...that I love Summer?  Now, don't get me wrong, I hate the 115 degree weather, but I love finding fun things to do with my kids.  We've been to the mall several times, McDonald's play place (just to play...the one by us is SUPER nice), walked around Target millions of times, and in the last couple of weeks we've been swimming lots.  We have free tickets to the Discovery Museum and we'll be going there sometime soon, too.  It's just been so fun playing all day with the kids.  What will I do in August when Sydney starts school and we actually have to stick to a schedule??  Well, for now we'll just enjoy being able to do whatever we want.  ;-)


For family night (we try to spend every Monday night, aka Family Night, home together with a little lesson and activity) the kids have really been into making things....especially when they get to eat them when they're done.  A few weeks ago we made sugar cube temples....and yes, they even got to crunch on a couple sugar cubes.


And this week we made cotton candy sheep.  Haha...they turned out...interesting, but the kids loved eating them up.  Activity and dessert all in one...nice!


Every Summer in Las Vegas they do a thing called "Summer Family Film Festival".  A few theaters across the city have FREE movies every Tuesday and Wednesday morning for all those crazy enough to venture out to a theater packed with hundreds of kids and other crazy Moms.  We went on Wednesday and got there nice and early to get seats and it was really fun.  This is where we'll be spending the next several Wednesdays...in a nice air conditioned theater with big comfy seats enjoying some good movies.

Next week we're headed to the beach for our Whitney Family Reunion!!  I can't wait to meet up with everyone and spend some time in the sun! 

2 comments:

Chavonne said...

What cute ideas for FHE. I may have to steal them:)

hwscutie said...

check out my blog, I'm doing all things free or cheap in Vegas. There's a theater on Rainbow that does $3 movies. Here's my blog http://hwscutie.blogspot.com