Monday, May 17, 2010

Goodbye Virginia

It's taken me way longer than I thought it would to sit down and do a post about our last days in Virginia, and our first few back in Las Vegas. It's been a busy, hectic, stressful, yet wonderful few weeks.



My mom and sisters Sherri and Kelly made the LONG drive to Grundy to help get us packed up and moved...and of course to attend McKay's graduation from LAW SCHOOL! They came a week before the move and helped pack and clean my whole house...the help was amazing and it was great to have a bunch of girls around to talk and laugh with.



My dad flew in a couple days before graduation and McKay was happy to have another man in the house. We spent our last couple of days saying goodbye. Here are some of our last pictures at our fabulous library...we're really going to miss it...and Mrs. Kathy of course!
And here's a group shot.
And then the big event...GRADUATION! It's what we've been waiting for for 3 long years. It was a weird feeling walking into the ceremony realizing this was the END of SCHOOL...that's it...it's over! McKay has worked so hard and our family has grown through these hard years and we're happy to be moving on to the next stage of life! Good job dear!

After graduation my parents treated us to a yummy lunch at a hibachi table restaurant in Pikeville, KY. It was so tasty and a perfect end to a wonderful day.

And then...the M O V E.
It was long, but good. We managed to fit our whole lives into the huge moving truck and made it across the country beautifully. The moving truck and our SUV (that my mom and sisters drove with the two older kids) ran perfectly and we all made it to Vegas safely. McKay and I got to drive the moving truck with Carter in between us. He thought it was the coolest thing to have both parents at either side of him for hours and hours and hours.

He really did smile most of the way...amazing!
McKay was nervous to let me drive the truck, but I insisted and it turned out great. We were able to switch off and drive straight through the first night. It was actually pretty fun.

And now we are all settled into our house in Las Vegas. McKay and I stayed up late a couple nights ago hanging the last pictures and flattening the last boxes. I'll be taking pictures throughout our house tomorrow and I'll post those.
It's good to be HOME!!!
*note-my mom and sisters took TONS of pictures of the packing/loading/moving process etc. and I'll post some of those once I get them.

9 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

Oh man, Im so happy you posted. But sad not to see your new house and stuff yet. I'm glad everything went good, we miss you a ton. We got a new senior couple this past week and they are AWESOME! They are from St.George and they are way cool, I wish we would be here longer with them. Anyways, hope everything is going well. Thats way exciting...oh and what is with the graduation hats...is that like a law thing or a ACL thing. LOL

Lara said...

Yay for being back in Vegas! I am glad that everything went well for you guys!
Congrats to McKay too, what an accomplishment!

i said...

congrats to you guys!!!!

Lauren said...

Wow! Congrats to you guys and enjoy the hot Vegas summer!!!

Turbo said...

Congrats on the graduations and move! Can't wait to see the photos of you new pad.

Whitney Baldwin said...

Way to go! Graduation, packing, moving... we can relate a little with what you guys have been through, although I am nowhere near unpacking it all! Kudos to you guys. Enjoy being home!

Jack n Gaye said...

Great job McKay,
I know you were bound for greatness! Keep kicking it down the pike!
Jack n Gaye

Mom said...

Ahhhh, the memories!!! They are at the front of my mind still. Wow, you and we, did a lot in a small amount of time with the packing, cleaning, loading, driving, unloading, unpacking, organizing, hanging of pictures, etc., etc.!!! Alright!!!! Love your new house, it's perfect for you guys. Love you all. Great pics by the way.
Mom

Angie said...

it's about time you update the blog ;)!