Monday, February 16, 2009

New York Baby!

This weekend my brother Bryan got home from his mission in South Africa! My parents and sister Kelly went to Africa to pick him up and spent 2 1/2 weeks traveling to the areas that he served. My Dad served his mission in some of the same areas more than 30 years ago, and they were able to visit some of the families that my Dad baptized. From what we've heard, they had an amazing trip. They showed us some crazy pictures of their trip. They flew out of South Africa on Friday and we were able to meet up with them on their all day layover in New York. We spent the day sight seeing, eating, and visiting. It was so fun. It was great to see our family, especially Bryan...WELCOME HOME LITTLE BRO!


This first video is a tribute to Jake Rice. He's always taking secret videos of poor Angie. Haha. This was taken in the airplane getting ready for take off.
Here we are crammed into a taxi headed toward Times Square.
(McKay, half of Kelly's face, Keresa, Mom, and Bryan)


From the taxi coming up on the city.


Me and McKay in front of Carnegie Deli (right next to Carnegie Hall).

We ordered Reuben Sandwiches. Rye bread with HUGE amounts of corned beef topped with sauerkraut and swiss cheese. Sounds kinda sketchy, but it was SO GOOD! Not to mention the strawberry cheese cake and black forest cake to follow. Yummy!


Times Square.

Walking around Times Square.

My parents treated us all to to the new Broadway Shrek the Musical. It was 100% amazing. Thanks Mom and Dad for the amazing experience!



Lord Farquad was one of my favorite characters. He was on his knees the whole time with those little stuffed legs attached to his thighs. He was hilarious to watch!



Donkey is one if my favorite characters in the movie, so I was worried he wouldn't live up to his part in the musical. Boy was I wrong, he was amazing too.


Mazletov!




Walking through the subway station.



Bryan and McKay in the subway train. McKay is making me claim that Bryan is standing on a box, although he is not. Sorry McKay, you're just short.

Thank you Daniel and Andrea for keeping our kids for us while we were away! Our trip was way fun. Let's go again soon eh?


2 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

Well hello Mrs. Keresa I finally found your blog. This is Danielle Lybbert from Orchard Valley Ward. I need to send you an invite to my blog (we're private) my e0mail is Paps4u@aol.com

Angie said...

yep that's totally a jake trick. man i hate that!