Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Want to use my laptop?

Last night Sydney came to me with two puzzles with all the pieces taken and asked me if I wanted to use her laptop. She set the boards on my lap with one laying (like the keyboard) and the other standing up (like the screen). So, I pretended to type on it. She told me I should write an email to Grandma. So, I talked out loud as I typed the email. "Dear Grandma, Sydney loves to talk to you on the phone. We can't wait until you come to visit us in Grundy, etc., etc., Love, Mommy" Next it was Sydney's turn. She decided to Email Jackson. "Dear Jackson, I don't like it when you come in the bathroom while I'm going pee pee. Sometimes you forget to use your inside voice. I like to play with legos, etc., etc., Love, Sydney" We took turns back and forth emailing people. I told her it was time to do one more email and then go to bed. She decided to email Jesus. "Dear Jesus, I love you so much. Sometimes when I have a scary dream I say a prayer to help me go back to sleep. I like to go to Primary. Love, Sydney."
Isn't it amazing how kids have the desire to talk to and know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ? Out of all the friends she could have "emailed", she chose our Savior. I think we can all learn a lesson from that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is so true and it warms my heart! I miss you guys and hope you are doing well, I can not wait to see you all! And to hear what Sydney has to say!

Lauren said...

Hey! So are you guys on this blog or the other one? Or both? Where do I link? Oh the choices. He he! Blogging is so fun :)