Monday, January 23, 2012

Third time's a charm.

I potty trained Sydney at 19 months and Jackson just a few weeks before his second birthday.


Sydney after her first "success"....before I became so shameless and started posting pictures like...

...this. Haha.  Jackson's first "success".


It took Sydney about 6 months to be accident free without me reminding her to go to the bathroom throughout the day.  It took Jackson a full year.  

The dreaded day finally came for Carter.
We started training Carter on Saturday.  Two months after his second birthday.  
He had several accidents in the first few hours of day one.  
After going through all 8 pairs of underwear I had on hand, he caught on and only had 1 accident the rest of the day.
Since then he has had NO accidents AND the best part of all...
He tells me when he has to go!!!!
Just look how proud of himself he is!

Can't rotate this on...grr!

So, WHY was it so hard for my other kids to catch on?  
Both of them were old enough to communicate and understood what was happening.  They could go "on command" but for some reason were not interested in making the effort on their own to get to the toilet in time.  
The only thing I can think of that's making a big difference this time around is Carter's good ol' love of FOOD.
I think I could make this boy do just about anything for a chance to reach his chubby little hand into this jar of candy. 

Three down, one to go!  Whoo hoo!!




2 comments:

Grandpa n Grandma Whitney said...

I give this mom an A+ in Potty Training:)

Megan said...

Way to go, Carter!

Do you want to come over and finish up Oliver's potty training? ;)