Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Update

The last few weeks have mostly been spent in the comfort of our 75 degree house.  I rarely venture out during the day and only with McKay's help in the evenings.  The heat makes me SICK when I'm pregnant and I'm so scared of getting stuck in it with 3 kids.  I feel like such a recluse...but it's all good.

So what have we been doing?
We made our way out to Boulder City to see the mountain sheep that make their way into the park in the evening.  Very cool. 







Grandma & Grandpa Whitney came to visit on Sunday.  I had been sick for a few days so they helped McKay to church with the kids and I stayed home alone and had a nice 2 hour nap.  It was great.  They came home with some pictures Sydney drew.
Grandpa.

Grandma.


Jackson made himself a fancy bow tie.  He was not happy that I wouldn't let him wear it to church.


During the weekend of our loft remodel we ventured out to the mall.
Someday our kids will learn that your supposed to put quarters in these toys....


Here's a picture we'll hold onto for when Jackson's a teenager.  Haha.
(Using the words Jackson and teenager in the same sentence just put a pit in my stomach.)

Usually we leave the pancake making for the weekends.  
The kids were so excited when I agreed to make smiley face pancakes on a MONDAY!  




Sydney has a reading game she plays on the computer.  Sometimes everyone joins in.  

Carter is finally in the stage where he'll play with Sydney and Jackson, rather than destroy what they're building.  It's fun to sit and watch them all play together.

If Carter ever sees me on my phone, he comes over, climbs on my lap, and says "Eeee!"  I have tons of these pictures on my phone. ;-)


 And some days we don't even make it out of our pj's before nap time.  

This morning while I was at my doctors appointment Jackson made me a flower bow for my hair.  
So sweet.

I've been measuring about a week big for the last several months.  This morning I was 2 weeks big...is it possible this baby will come early??  I'm not counting on it...but I can wish.
For now, I'm just big.  Full of baby and big.
Only 3 more weekly doctor visits and I'm DONE.
Until then we'll continue hiding out in our house and waiting.
Waiting for baby.
Waiting for school to start.
Waiting for the temperatures to drop.
The waiting game.

No comments: