Thursday, February 3, 2011

She had another birthday!

In January Sydney turned 6 years old.
It's a crazy feeling to be the mother of a 6 year old.  
How could it have been that long ago that I had her?
Weird.

The festivities started off a couple weeks before her birthday when we went to Disney on Ice with some cousins.  It was great, the kids loved it, and we had some yummy dinner before.


Jackson and Sage (below) were completely amazed.  They were asking questions the whole time. 
My favorite was during the scene from the Sorcerer's Apprentice where the brooms were skating/dancing.  The performers were wearing costumes where their heads were covered (and eyes) to look like the handle of the broomstick.  Jackson looked at me in amazement and asked,
"How can they see even though they are blind??"
Oh man, it was fun to watch the kids get excited about all the characters.

Then, those same cousins got to come have a sleepover at our house and they brought along a dancing game for the Wii. 
Even Carter would grab a wiimote and dance.  It was fun to watch.


The night before Sydney's birthday the boys went to pick up a new book shelf while I took Sydney out to shop for her birthday cake ingredients.  Before we went to the store I surprised her and stopped into Applebees for some dessert.  She was almost in tears with excitement that "just the girls...not even Carter!!" got to go out together.  She talked my ear off and had a great time.  
This will have to become a more regular thing.  We had a blast.


Carter and Jackson helped me bake her cake. 


Sydney made an invitation to her "party".  Jackson had been pretending to be her dog "roofy" that day, so it invites him also.

"Dear Dad and Mom and Roofee, please come to my birthday"

Grandma Gifford, Aunt Sherri, and Aunt Kelly surprised her with a visit after school.  They brought lots of presents.  She's at that age where she acts like nothing impresses her (what, is she 14??), but she loved her gifts.


Then of course there was the cake.  A cinnamon swirl/vanilla ice cream cake.  Her choice.



My camera went missing while she opened the gifts from McKay and me.  I think McKay snapped some pictures on his Droid, but I haven't seen them yet.  She got a Barbie that rides a bike, the books Goldalicious and Purplicious, and a razor scooter.  There was no hiding her excitement....she was thrilled.

Lastly, I walked in on this this morning.  Made my day.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm glad you are still blogging! I love your comments and the cute pics. I printed the one of Jackson & Carter reading, so cute! Love you all,
Mom

Angie said...

thanks for the update! sounds like a great birthday!

Andrea Gilberg said...

cute! We are probably coming to vegas for the mtn west basketball tourny in march. We are going with a bunch of friends but one of the nights we are going to do dinner and stuff so I'll let you guys know and you should come hang. Anyways, our school is almost coming to an end. 11 weeks. He has an interview in page this coming week that has great pay. We think he has a good chance but anyways, we'll let you know. If you feel like a weekend vaca come visit :)