Monday, March 29, 2010

March in Review

Jackson was telling the sister missionaries how in Book of Mormon, EVERYONE is wicked.

The kids watched Princess Bride. In the opening scene, the curly headed kid is playing nintendo from his bed. Jackson said in a very excited voice, "Too bad I don't have a TV in my room. Then I could watch TV when I was trying to go to sleep!"

Jackson said to Carter, "This little piggy went to the market, this little piggy had gross beef…"

We always trick Sydney by saying stuff like, "What's that under there?" And she says, "Underwear?" But it doesn't work on Jackson because he says, "Where under there?"

The kids have hundreds of stuffed animals (ok maybe just 30 or so). They don't fit in their spot anymore, and they spill over into the room. We told them to choose enough to fill up a garbage bag, and we would give the garbage bag to poor kids who don't have enough money to buy stuffed animals. We spent ten minutes making decisions, and the kids fought back lots of tears. When I was taking the bag out, Jackson said with a shaky voice, "But what if we are poor kids?"

Jackson was "reading" a book to Keresa. He said, "On Monday the very hungry caterpillar ate one orange. On Tuesday he ate two pears. On Threesday he ate three plums. On Foursday..."

Sydney was standing still while Jackson was running around her in a circle over and over. He said, "Look Mom! We are making a Walmart!" Keresa said, "Do you mean a Target?" Jackson said, "Oh yeah."

We made muffin cake for breakfast. I told Sydney that's what prince charming calls Fiona on Shrek. She said, "No dad, he says muffin man."

Keresa gave the kids almonds. She told them they are the same thing as the nuts in her favorite kind of ice cream.  Sydney said, "Those rocks are almonds?" And Jackson added, "In rocky row ice cream?" (maybe now they'll try it since they know they're not really rocks).

Jackson was unwrapping the foil of a chocolate egg. I asked if he even knew what kind of candy it was. He said, "It's a chocolate jelly bean."

Syd said, "5+5+5+5=20." I asked how she knew that. She said, "Because I counted all my fingers and toes one time."

Jackson said, "Dad let's play: Sydney will be the princess, I will be the silver guy, and you be the dragon."

We were eating at the Grundy sandwich shop. Jackson said, "Some boys look like mommies!" When we looked, the guy had a big long mullet.

Sydney said, "Which kind of Jesus do we celebrate at Easter?"

We had stir fry. Sydney was pretty confused. She was excited all day to have stir fry and when we finally served it she acted like it was the wrong thing. A few minutes into dinner she said, "Oh I got confused with Shake 'n bake!" (stir = shake, fry = bake)

Sydney said, "Mom, how do I use my imagination?"

Jackson always gets car sick on the way to church driving down that windy mountain road. We told him about moving to Las Vegas. He started crying and gave a worried look. He said, "But my belly will hurt for three days because we have to drive so far!" We told him we would help him feel better and maybe he could ride in the moving truck with Dad.

Sydney was telling Mom it’s too bad there is hair all over the place at Sherri's school. Jackson interrupted and said, "Well it’s a HAIR school!" (duh)

4 comments:

Lara said...

Seriously, I LOVE your updates, your kids are hilarious!

Thanks for the smile and laugh today!

Andrea Gilberg said...

I'm trying to hard to copy you and write down everything. But I cant ever remember. haha. Anyways I love that you do this

Annie Leavitt said...

some guys DO look like mommies. hahahahahaha.

your kids are highly intelligent sp?, i might add.

Lauren said...

Love these posts! Your kids are hilarious!