Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blessings

I had some lab work done while we were in Las Vegas over the Summer.
It was while I was seeing a doctor who agreed to see me for free (because our out of state insurance would not work in Las Vegas).
I didn't realize at the time of the lab work, which was done in the same office, that it was not included in the free office visit.
A few weeks later I received a bill in the mail for $555.00.
For 8 months now I've been working with my insurance and the lab that did the blood work to try and get the bill covered...knowing that it wouldn't be covered but at least then I could pull the "I'm uninsured and won't you give me a discount on my bill" card.
So, today was the day to call and pay the bill...after 8 months of stressing about not having the money to dump into this kind of thing.
I was hoping they would at least let me set up a payment plan and just pay a small amount each month.
Never did I expect that after several extensions on the due date, endless calls to my insurance, and hours of waiting on hold, that the lady on the other end of the line would say
"Looks like it's all taken care. You have a zero balance."
My insurance paid...on a bill that should not have been covered...and we are blessed yet again.
I'm so happy I just had to share.
Don't forget to read McKay's new post below!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, Keresa, what great news and a true blessing and modern miracle. Keep choosing the right!
Love you, Mom

Angie said...

maybe some day all our medical bills will somehow get paid (hoepfully by someone else other than us!)

Lauren said...

That is amazing!! Truly blessed!

Kara said...

Hahahahahahah I just read all the cute sayings below and i have to say your kids say some good stuff!!! Oh and that sweet baby boy is sure sweet!!!