Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's going on with the Whitneys...

Just a few random things that have been going on around here.

On the way to church on Sunday our car was flashing between 'ICE' and '33 degrees'. Brrr. I'm loving every second of the cool/cold weather!





Curious George visited the library this week. We read lots of books about him and other monkeys before he made his appearance. After every book Jackson would ask, "NOW is it time to wake him up?" (I think the librarian told Jackson that he was sleeping when we first got to the library.)


I love just-out-of-the-bath-kids. It's been a while since I took a picture like this...so here ya go.

This is the last picture I took of the kids in their towels. It was shortly after moving to VA in 2007. Crazy how fast they grow!!

We made a chain tonight to help count down the days until some fun things that are coming up.

-Primary Program (there are videos of the kids doing their parts at the bottom of this post.)

-Library Halloween Party

-Emilie's (Sydney and Jackson's friend) birthday party

-Preschool Halloween Party

-Branch Trunk-or-Treating

-Grandma coming (in preparation for the new baby)

-THE NEW BABY!

Jackson's primary part.

"I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father."

Sydney's primary part.

This next video is of Jackson singing I am a Child of God. He's known the words to the song for a long time, but is recently learning how to carry a tune. Of course when I took the video he sang the wrong tune a few times...but it's better than his usual monotone singing. Cute boy.

And lastly, tonight when I was helping Jackson put his pj's on he showed how he can be a "muscle guy". Maybe some day there will be some muscles to go with those nice ribs. Haha. (Sorry...I turned the camera and can't flip the video.)

2 comments:

Grandma Gifford said...

too too cute! What a stud muffin!

Grandma Gifford said...

Sydney & Jackson, you both did a really great job on your Primary Program part. And Jackson, you are a really good singer! I can't wait to see you both next month when I come to Virginia. Love you all!