Thursday, October 8, 2009

September in Review

It's flying by.

Jackson barfed only a few minutes after we had put the kids to bed. When we went in there to help him, he was covered in it. He was really scared and in a crying/ trying to keep control voice said, "What is this?" Imagine his thoughts. Doesn't feel good, some kind of stuff is all over him, what's the deal?!

I don't know where he got it, but Jackson started saying, "You betcha!" When I say it back to him, he says, "No, YOU betcha!"

I was being lazy in the morning and hadn't put my teeth in yet. I didn't think anyone could tell... Sydney was listening to me and interrupted to say, "Dad, your voice doesn't sound so good. It's like: Tss Stss tssssstts. Maybe you forgot to put your teeth in today."

I asked the kids about their belly buttons. They pulled up their shirts and showed me. Then I asked if Mom had one, so they attacked her trying to see. While they were distracted, I pulled my pants up really high to cover mine. Then I asked if they thought I had one, so they came and pulled up my shirt -- but couldn't find a belly button. They decided maybe only some people have them.

The kids watched Go Diego Go, and on one part Diego had to choose the left or right path. The right had snakes on it. A few days later Sydney was singing a church song about "a child must choose which path to take..." and Jackson interrupted and said, "But is there snakies on the right path?"

Sydney said, "I bet you know why you have so many friends Dad. It's because you are Soooo strong!" (score 2 points to Sydney -- one for saying I'm popular, one for saying I'm soooo strong) :)

Jackson has reached the age where he too must stop sucking his finger (Syd did it at age 3). Luckily our kids just do it when they are holding their blankies with soft yarn "strings" hanging off. So Keresa talked to him about it for a few days, then when the day came, she put away his blankie. It was pretty easy for him - more so than for Sydney. With Syd, both she and Keresa cried. drama.

I laid on Jackson's bed while he was getting on his pajamas (jammies). I said, "This bed feels soft. You wanna trade tonight so I can sleep here and you go sleep by Mom in my bed?" He quickly said in a deep voice, "Ok Son, good night. Go to sleep Son so I don't have to spank you." Then came to give me a little kiss.

Keresa fed Jackson some flaming hot cheetohs. They made his eyes water. He told her, "Mom these kind of cheetohs make me so sad." (because the watery eyes)

Keresa is only 5 ish weeks away from delivering the new child. She will sure be glad to get that baby out. I'll be glad when she stops making me feel her belly all the time. I know Moms have this bond when the child inside hiccups and moves around, but I think it's kind of creepy. Like something out of Breaking Dawn... We will all be glad when we get the next child.

MK KGW SRW JGW

1 comment:

Whitney Baldwin said...

I love these monthly reviews. They crack me up! Your kids are hilarious. So thanks!
and good luck with those last 5 weeks of pregnancy!