Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Break

We got home yesterday from our 5 day trip to Knoxville, TN. McKay took the Ethics portion of the Bar Exam while we were there (the main reason for the trip) and we were able to spend the rest of our time enjoying some time in a real city. We arrived on Thursday evening, and McKay wanted to spend the day on Friday studying for his test that would be on Saturday, so I loaded the kids up and headed out for a day of shopping. The store I find myself missing most is Target, so you can only imagine my joy when the GPS guided me to this glorious sight.


We wandered around Target for 2 hours and I loved every second of it. After that we went into several stores near the Target. Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Wal-Mart, etc. That's my idea of a fun morning.
We played at three different parks in Knoxville. I sure miss having parks around every corner.


After McKay's test on Saturday we went to a children's discovery history museum. They had Appalachian Pioneer artifacts all the way back from the 1800's. Everything was hands on and we spent a good 2 1/2 hours there.

Here we are sitting in some old school house desks.


They had Pioneer dress-ups. It seems like in all the old photographs of kids they have very serious faces, so I told the kids to be serious. Here's what I got. Haha.





One of the areas in the museum was a life size doll house. Everything was to scale for about a 5 year old. It had 2 levels including miniature stairs, a bedroom, kitchen, living room front door with door bell, and a play room. In this picture the kids are sitting on a miniature couch in the living room.



Here's Jackson getting his hair done in an old fashioned dryer.



The next day we visited the Exotic Petting Zoo in Gatlinburg, TN. We went there last year for Spring Break and loved it.
Jackson and Sydney with the goats.





A close up of what Sydney calls a Seamoose. (Emu)



McKay mimicking one of the warning signs.

Sydney near the Zebra last year....

...and this year.



Our trip was very nice and we're now on the last stretch to Summer Break. We'll be headed back to Vegas in just over a month and a half.
The End.

8 comments:

Chavonne said...

What fun family trip. I love the serious faces

Matthias said...

I think I remember seeing signs for an exotic petting zoo in Vegas...

Andrea Gilberg said...

looks like fun. i'm so sad you guys will be leaving, please stay

Ashley said...

Target and Costco - OH DANG. I hated living without those stores in Iowa so I feel your pain!! I am so glad you guys are doing so well!!

Angie said...

looks like fun. i love the picture of sydney and jackson holding hands and walking together and the "dont eat me, goat" part.

Blissful & Domestic said...

I feel so sad for you that you can't go to target all the time I love that store. I loved the video the one of Sydney with the goats is so cute! it looks like you guys had such an awesome trip! So when you come back for vegas is it for a visit?

Keresa said...

Yes, our trip to Vegas this Summer will just be a visit. McKay will work for his 3 month break and then we'll be headed back to Virginia for our final year of school. Hooray!!!

Kerstin said...

I told my husband that we can never live anywhere that is not near a Target. I am not kidding. When he was applying to grad school,I made sure there was a Target nearby before he was able to apply to any given school. I think I would be very sad if I couldn't go to Target often :).