Friday, March 27, 2009

5 Years? No Way!

Yes way! Today is our 5 year anniversary. How can that be? I'm not really sure myself. When I woke up this morning I told McKay, "We've been married longer than we were in high school!" His response was, "Whoa...I've never done anything for 5 years!" I'll often find McKay staring at me and when I ask him what he's doing he says "I hardly even know you!" It's true! I've known many of my friends almost my whole life, I've had my siblings forever, and when I stop to think about it, 5 years is such a short time! McKay and I are learning more about each other every day. I love it when we get into the conversations about our childhoods and I start to see a little bit into the past of this man that I hardly knew when we got married.

McKay always tells me I can't write "cheesy" stuff on our blog...whatever that means. ;-)

McKay, I really do love you. I never thought I could love you more than on that special day we were married, but I've come to love you more with every trial and success we've encountered.

You've learned to be sensitive to my feelings and deal with my weird ways.

You are a HARD worker. You've never complained about doing what it takes to support me and the kids. You always put us first and that means so much to me.

You take the time to do the simple things that make me happy like making dinner, making the bed, throwing my towel in the dryer so it's nice and warm when I get out of the shower ;-)...just to name a few.

You are an amazing Dad. I love how you play with our kids. They love you SO much. Thanks for being there for them...even when life is busy and there's tons to be done. You always find time for our family.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I know I'm already going to get the "too cheesy" talk. So, there you have it. I love you and look forward to 100 more wonderful years.










5 comments:

Turbo said...

Congratulations, you guys!

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary, love birds! Hope you got our card.

Megan said...

Yay! I love you guys so much! :)

Whitney Baldwin said...

Woot woot! Five years! Way to go guys! Congrats!

Lara said...

Congrats to you two! I totally remember going to reception, congrats again!