Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trip to Charlottesville, VA

Sunday after church we left on a little trip to Charlottesville. McKay had a Dr. appointment there so we decided to stay for a couple days and make it worth the 5 hour drive. We went shopping, ate yummy food, rode the free downtown trolley (kinda scary but the kids liked it) and found a fun little park for the kids (and by kids I mean mostly McKay) to play at. It was a nice trip that went by way too fast. One of the first things we saw when we went shopping downtown was this old guy with SICK SICK SICK dread locks. Here's one of those classic "pretend that you're taking a picture of me, but really take a picture of him" shots. Oh, and did I mention it was SICK???


Here's McKay with some old dried up chestnuts he found on the ground. I laugh every time I look at this picture and I'm sure he'll appreciate that I posted it for the world to see.


Here are some videos of the kids playing at the park.



Sherri has been wanting a picture of her in front of this sign, so on the way home we pulled off the highway got one.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Matthias said...

In those pictures, McKay is wearing short sleeves. I thought it was cold back east? Is it not really cold all the time, or has MK just forgotten that he's lived in the desert his whole life?

McKay Whitney said...

Thanks Matthias, and everyone else in the whole world for that matter, who seems to notice that even when all the fam wears snow coats, I still feel good in short sleeves. Maybe I have 24 chromosomes (reference to Twilight book 4, that werewolves have 24, and they are always hot, and that maybe I am a werewolf too because I am always hot).

Lauren said...

I think you're a werewolf too McKay.. and BTW Jackson looks just like you. Maybe you have a little werewolf.. does he like to wear short sleeves too?

Angie said...

i was so happy to see a family pictures of you guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS WHITNEY FAMILY! we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Loved all those pictures you guys, especially the little videos. McKay, thanks for playing with your kids on the park equipment, if you every stop playing, it will be a sad day! Looked like fun. Love you all, miss you all as much as I love you too!

Mom