Sunday, October 19, 2008

Project Poodle

With Halloween just around the corner Sydney and I spent the afternoon working on her costume. She helped me lay the material to measure and cut it and then sat by me while I sewed on it. I don't know if she's ever seen me use the sewing machine before....probably because I rarely sew, and when I do it's during the kids' naps. Anyways, she was very interested and we had lots of fun. Here are some pictures of our project.



Of course the Minnie Mouse shirt won't be a part of the costume ;-)

5 comments:

Jill Manis said...

Fun! And it looks great! I've known you for... 20 years? and didn't know you could sew so well. I mean sure, we did pajama pants at different church activities, but I'm impressed. That's fun you can do that... I wish I knew.

Keresa said...

Thanks Jill. It was really fun to make, but just so you know, this skirt was far easier than any of the pj pants we made when we were younger. :-) My skills are very limited when it comes to the sewing machine.

Kelli and Nicholas said...

hi keresa! this is kelli mathewson (well bartlett now) but we were in madrigals together in high school and you hang out with my brother and sister in law out there in virginia, Daniel and Andrea Gilberg. what a coincidence!! your kids are so cute by the way!!

Angie said...

that looks amazing! i swear, there isnt anything you CANT do!

The Clarkes said...

You sure do make me proud! Look at you makin up for missin my wedding and all. hahah Can't tell you how many times I was a 50's girl for halloween.