Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When we are in Virginia and my days are long and uneventful I find lots of time (sometimes too much) to sit and play on the Internet. During this time I do lots of blogging. Since we've been in Las Vegas I'm happy to report that we've been busy. Busy swimming, traveling, chatting, playing, eating, etc., etc., etc. It's been wonderful! Sadly my blog has suffered as well as my picture taking. It seems like we've done so much yet I have very few pictures to show for it. Anyway, here are a few pictures of our last few weeks.
Over Memorial Day weekend we took a trip up to our cabin on Kolob Mountain.
The kids LOVED being outside all day long. Here are Sydney and her cousin Conner collecting sticks for our evening fire.


Uncle Josh found a horny toad for the kids to play with.

McKay and Josh at Lava Point.


Jackson taking a turn with the binoculars.


Whitneys and Carpenters (including Day-Z the dog)



Jackson collecting wild flowers for Grandma.
This next picture is a dessert at one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants Lindo Michoacan. The dessert is called "flamado" (or something like that)...and it comes to your table on fire. I was out with some girl friends and ordered this in honor of McKay (he'll go on and on telling people about how cool it is). Anyway, I guess the way they make it burn is by pouring some sort of alcohol on the plate. I must have blown the fire out prematurely because my first bite burned my mouth, and not because it was hot. Being pregnant and paranoid, that was my first and last bite of the alcoholic dessert. Ha!


We've been swimming several times and each time I get to the pool and want to take a picture of the kids but realized my camera is in my purse, not the swim bag...darn. So, here's a picture on the way home after swimming. This is how we all feel after our fun filled days in Vegas. Ahhh.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad you guys are having fun and keeping busy!
I love pictures of sleeping kids ;)